Today I was off from work because the power was still out from Hurricane Irene. So instead of just spending the day resting, I decided to finish up some painting projects. The first project on my list was to paint a desk for a girl’s bedroom. Here is the before:
I mentioned in a previous post that Kah and I would be reupholstering a headboard for our next diy client project. If you haven’t read the post…we scored this twin-size headboard at our local Goodwill for$10. See it below:
For a few months I’ve had this large ornate plastic wooden frame sitting in the corner of my bedroom with no purpose. I didn’t like it in its natural state, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to paint it a bold color, nor if I even wanted to keep it! That’s when I decided to see if I could give it a silver antique appearance. Here’s a few before pictures:
The picture on the right shows after I unscrewed the mirror from the frame so I wouldn’t have to worry about getting spray paint on the mirror.
Let me first start off by saying Kah is forcing me kindly asked me to write this post for one of our beautiful furniture re-dos. It was our first time trotting into the territory of furniture upholstering. However, I am ashamed to admit that I didn’t offer my dear sister much help with this project. We (Breeze and I) assisted her with the removal of the old mud-stained fabric (Kah and a cousin of ours dropped the chair in the mud, while trying to get it in the car). We spent countless days removing staples from the frame. I’m even a little sad to say that we invited my mother and aunt over under false pretenses to help with the staple removal process. I know! Bad twins, but we provided food and movies.
We’re passionate decorators from Maryland fascinated by all facets of creativity. Our love for creativity compliments our attention to stylish interiors and graphic design. On a more interesting note we’re identical twins and who doesn’t love twins!