It’s Friday. Frugal Friday to be exact! Albeit mother nature had it in for the East Coast all week, we found time to check out a couple local thrift stores and Goodwill’s. Some not so local, but we’d drive a little bit of a distance for a good deal. Most if not all things we saw this week we actually purchased. Yes, the temptation got the best of us. We’re so weak.
1. Large Ornate Oriental Style Mirror $20.00 purchased at a local Goodwill. Yes you read that correctly $20.00! We’ve been looking for a large mirror for our hallway for awhile and couldn’t believe that this gem was still available when we walked in. Check out that detail!
2. Round Scallop Mirror $30.00 purchased at a local HomeGoods. It’s hard to find decent round mirrors at a reasonable price. We have since gave this mirror a makeover. Pictures to follow soon.
3. French Provincial Dresser $40.00 purchased at The Treasure Chest Thrift Store (Forest Hill, MD) We have huge plans for this beauty. Look forward to a new paint color and makeover soon.
4. Vintage Burwood Ornate Fan $4.00 purchased at The Treasure Chest Thrift Store (Forest Hill, MD) The thing about this item…we haven’t decided what to do with it, but we barely pass on anything under $5. We may use it in someone else’s house. Oh here are some fans that are just like ours on Ebay. Sorry they aren’t $4.
5. Vintage Lunchbox $0.50 purchased at Buried Treasures in Dundalk, MD. This is a new thrift store that just opened this weekend. There wasn’t much furniture yet but they had some great knick knacks and decor items like this one.
6. Vintage Clock $7 purchased at The Shabby Button in Kingsville, MD. Isn’t this clock so cute? And it’s turquoise and pink. A little girl will be the very happy owner of this soon.
7. Pottery Barn Kids Clock $2 purchased at a local Goodwill. This is a cute clock too. Similar clocks at Pottery Barn Kids here are not as cheap unfortunately.
8. Vintage Globe $5 purchased at a local Goodwill. We have seen several globes during our thrifting trips and this is by far the best. It doesn’t look fake and it’s the perfect shade of minty green.
Do you live in Maryland or a nearby state and know of some other thrifty jackpot locations? Let us know. We’ll be forever grateful!